FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Regina SK) With temperatures rising and flowers blooming, Canada’s tourism sector is getting ready for a busy, safe travel season in 2022. Through Tourism Week in Canada (May 29-June 4), the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) is recognizing the importance of the industry and the resilience of its workers by calling on all Canadians to TRAVEL NOW – for work, life, and play! Tourism Regina is doing its part to support tourism week here at home.
“This summer promises to be the most fun yet, and we want to make sure visitors and residents alike know that there’s always something to do in Regina,” said Chelsea Galloway, Chief Visitor and Tourism Officer at Tourism Regina. “Whether you’re looking for family activities, a concert or sporting event, or a night on the town, Regina has amazing things to offer, and we’re inviting everyone to get out and enjoy them!”
To mark Tourism Week, and to get summer kicked off right, Tourism Regina has been working on new projects and initiatives designed to keep everyone in the know about what’s happening in Regina:
- A dynamic new website provides an immersive, expansive and easy-to-use platform for users to learn what to do, where to go and how to get there in Regina. Check out tourismregina.com.
- With 57 Digital Guides created, including 36 currently active, visitors and residents can easily explore local eats, attractions, and destinations. The guides first launched during Tourism Week last year and have proven to be highly successful, with more than 15,000 views since launch, fueling an 87% increase in overall website visits. Recent guides include “After Convention Hours” for event attendees and “Hang With the Locals,” which provides the inside scoop from residents on Regina’s hidden gems. Visit tourismregina.com/guides for more information.
- Tourism Regina is launching the first ever digital Attractions Pass, a digital passport featuring 13 local attractions, showcasing the best of Regina in an easy, mobile-friendly way.
There are two ways to participate: The YQR Family Fun Attractions pass allows you to entertain the whole family. The See YQR (19+) allows you to take a friend and start your 19+ YQR adventure.
Just grab your phone, head to a featured attraction, and check-in on the Attractions Pass Digital Passport! Checking in to all the stops and you could win a prize! Attractions Pass is active from May 9 to August 31. Visit tourismregina.com/explore/attractions-pass for more information.
“As we begin to see a growing appetite for in-person experiences, we couldn’t be more excited to welcome visitors back to the gallery,” said Allison Weed, Communications Manager at MacKenzie Art Gallery. “This new mobile pass is a great way to re-engage our audiences and enhance our visitor experience while supporting and promoting our tourism partners”.
- The Hop Circuit is hopping again. Now is the perfect time to get friends together for sunshine and pints on the patios of Regina’s most popular craft breweries. Participating breweries include Bushwakker, Malty Mational, Rebellion Brewing, District Brewing, Warehouse Brewing and Pile o’ Bones Brewing. Beer fans can walk, cycle or use a designated driver across the Warehouse District and downtown Regina.
The circuit runs from May 23 to September 5. This year it’s easier than ever! Just grab a phone, go to a participating brewery, order a beverage, and check in on the Hop Circuit Digital Passport. Once a customer has checked in at each location, they can take home a collectible, limited-edition glass. Visit tourismregina.com/explore/hop-circuit for more information.
- Tourism Regina’s fully digital YQReady Training program is up and running. YQReady was established to help educate frontline workers within the tourism and hospitality sector in the city of Regina, providing the basics on things to see and do in and around Regina. To register and take the course, visit https://stec.skillbuilder.co/catalog/yqready-online.
Visitors and residents are encouraged to check out Tourism Regina’s website and social media pages to stay in the loop on the latest and greatest in Regina.
About Tourism Regina
Tourism Regina is the official destination marketing organization representing Regina and region. It works in collaboration with the Greater Regina Area’s tourism sector and industry partners to promote and enhance Regina as a destination experience. It also encourages the growth of the region’s tourism industry through the retention and development of attractions. Tourism Regina works to attract visitors and residents to explore Regina’s leisure, business and special event opportunities, which in turn generate hundreds of millions of dollars for the regional economy.
For more information, contact:
Senior Director, Marketing and Communications
Economic Development Regina, Tourism Regina