Visitor Information Kiosk Counsellor (Summer Work Term)
Summer is here! Do you have a passion for the tourism industry, excellent communication skills, and have strong knowledge of tourism products in the greater Regina area? Check out this part-time summer gig for Visitor Information Kiosk Counsellor, May 31 to August 31.
Economic Development Regina Inc. (EDR) is the lead agency for providing economic development to the City of Regina and region. EDR is providing leadership to the community with specific accountability for the following core functions: support industry growth and diversification through retention, development and attraction of business and tourism; find innovative ways to support the community in sustaining growth while effectively addressing the challenges of growth; market and promote the Regina region for business and tourism; and ensure the Regina region prospers as a vibrant and diversified economy for investors, a strong destination experience for visitors and a place of choice with a high quality of life for residents.
Tourism Regina, an industry sector of EDR, is the official destination marketing organization representing Regina and region. It works in collaboration with the Regina region’s tourism sector and industry partners to promote and enhance Regina as a destination experience. It also encourages the growth of the region’s tourism industry through the retention and development of attractions. Tourism Regina attracts visitors and residents to explore Regina’s leisure, business and special event tourism, which account for $339 million of the regional economy.
This position will be proactive in engaging with visitors and locals at a new visitor information kiosk located in Regina’s beautiful Wascana Centre. The goal is to raise awareness of things to see and do in the greater Regina area, while creating destination advocates. Ideal candidates will possess a passion for the tourism industry, excellent communication skills, a committed and professional nature, and have strong knowledge of the tourism products in the greater Regina area in order to provide personalized recommendations. This will be a part-time summer student position working approximately 25 hours per week, generally 12-5pm, 5 days per week, days to vary but typically Wednesday-Sunday, starting May 31 until August 31, 2018.
- Provide exceptional level of customer service.
- Proactively approach, engage and assist visitors and locals in a friendly and professional way, serving as an ambassador for Regina.
- Enhance visitor and locals’ experience in Regina by informing them on Regina and area attractions, events, wayfinding and other related tourism products and services.
- Stay current on local accommodation options, places to visit, events, festivals, restaurants, businesses, etc.
- Accurately track all data on visitors and locals engaged.
- Liaise with the Director of Tourism as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, efficient
- Pro-active, resourceful
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be entering or returning to school in September and must be between the ages of 15-30 (due to summer student grant criteria)
Cover letter and resume may be submitted by May 23, 2018 in person, mail, fax, or e-mail.
Andrea Soby, Office Manager
Economic Development Regina Inc. / Tourism Regina
1925 Rose Street
Regina, SK. S4P 3P1
EDR thanks all candidates that apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.